Monday, April 2, 2012

We Traveled, A Lot!

Dear Family

What a crazy week it has been! We basically spent the entire week traveling to and from Casma, the center of our zone, for different things, particularly general conference. We are going back there today AND tomorrow as well! Wow. Needless to say, I am a little tired from all the travel. However, La Zona Casma is famous for that, simply because we are in the middle of nowhere, and everyone lives far away from each other. However, we had a great time there, even though it was super hot, and watching conference was a blast, even though it was in Spanish. My comprehension still needs some improvement. Haha.

This week the temperature has finally started to go down little by little. It is so weird that the seasons are completely flipped from the US. In the middle of June when it is cold, I will probably be wondering just what the heck is going on. Funny thing is, here in South America they are VERY sensitive to "cold". (I try not to make any far-reaching generalizations about everyone that lives in the country, now that I have a companion that is FROM the country...) Freezimg cold weather here is 60 degrees. Literally, I see people wearing jackets and snow hats on the nice buses that have AC. It is a very different world here in Peru.

Fun experience of the week: We changed our pensionista, so that perhaps I will get good food for the last month that I am here in Huarmey. We walked in there this morning for breakfast...and on the table was hot milk and bread with cheese, both of which are disgusting. I get no dairy here, because the milk and the cheese taste exactly the same (that should worry you). Oh well, hopefully lunch will be better.

I did received your Easter package! YUM!!  I love getting American food. We still have no microwave or any way to heat up things but I love the cheez-its, pop tarts and candy. The Easter
chicks & ducks were really fun.  Thanks again!  Happy Easter Everyone!

Love you all!
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment