Monday, January 30, 2012

A Month Already!

Hello All!

Apparently I have been in the field for a month already. I don't know why this is, and why time is moving so fast. But it is scary. Don't tell anyone...

We had another baptism this week! It is just super cool I think that we are having this much blessing from the Lord so early. This guy in the picture is named Luis, and h e's an awesome 17 year old guy who, about 3 weeks ago, didn't even believe in God. Now, he tells us, he believes not only in the things he can see, but also in the spiritual things that he knows are true in his heart. What a great guy. He's a bit shy, but we have hope that he might be a missionary one day! We're excited for his progress.




(Fun fact of the week: Huarmey is the king of faking Nike and Adidas stuff for super cheap, so the other picture is of the outlandish indoor soccer shoes that I bought for the equivalent of about $12...very Trace right?)




Everything is giong well here. Changes come next week, but Elder Qualls and I should stay together here in Huarmey, since we're a training companionship. We really are improving every day with our abilities to find people and teach. Maybe my Castellano has a lot to be desired...but hey we learn line upon line, precept upon precept right?

So in our training in Trujillo this week, President Turk challenged us to read the Book of Mormon all the way through before the end of this year. I am going to try and do it in Castellano, to help me improve and teach better, but I would like to extend this challenge to the entire family, so that we can all grow together (and, for that matter, anyone who reads this on the blog...do it with us!) to read the entire Book of Mormon before the end of 2012. I'm excited to do it, and I know it will bless you guys' lives immensely too. After all, it's what we are showing investigators everyday here in Peru to help their faith in Christ grow!

Thanks so much to Aunt Charlene, Grandma Pettersson, Ben and Becky. Aunt Tanya and Garrett (knowing the anniversary of Jade's passing just happened, you guys are always in my prayers...I know he is watching over me here in Peru!!!), and Ms Kate for her amazing package of a million goodies. I loved the Butterfingers and may have eaten all of them already! I am trying to share more with Elder Qualls but the huge Reeses were SO good! Thanks so much for the mail everyone, it truly makes me feel loved!

Also, Kayleigh asked if there was any way to send some church music to me. If anyone wants to send me mission appropriate church music, they can put in on a USB and mail it here to Peru! I would appreciate it so much...Love you all!

Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment