Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I'm Still Having Fun

Hello all

I attach that title to my email this week just in case anyone thinks that I'm getting really tired and near dead. I am getting tired, but I am still having fun as well. The mission is the best, but is certainly a marathon and not a sprint. I appreciate sleep a lot more than I used to.
 
 
We had another baptism this week, this time of a great young man named Bryam (not Bryan). He simply  joined the church thanks to the example of his two best friends, Paulo and Bruno, who are also members. The three of them always hung out, and Paulo and Bruno continually talked to Bryam about how great the church was until he joined himself! Seriously, you guys can never underestimate the influence that you have on your friends and family. That's why it's so important to share your testimony with everyone you can.
We are still doing great here. Elder Hill and I have a lot of fun, especially since we have a lot of time and experience in the field, we understand when it's time to have fun and when it's time to work. He is a great guy.
One scripture that really changed my week was Alma 36:24-25. Read it and think about the impact that we can have on other people's lives as we do missionary work.



Hope you enjoy the picture of the baptism and also of me in a giant grass field in our area. Interestingly enough, there is almost no grass where we are, so this is certainly a rare occurence.
Love you all.
Trace
 

No comments:

Post a Comment