Wednesday, April 17, 2013


Hey everybody! (in Ricky voice)

I hope you guys are doing great. The biggest news this week is the change in email rules from Church HQ! All the missionaries are pretty excited about it. We are now allowed to email any and everybody that doesn't live within the mission limits. So feel free to pass along my email address to all the friends and other family that want to write me, because now I can read it and respond to it! Pretty exciting eh? I am pretty surprised that the Church changed those rules, but it is cool nonetheless. I hope I should be getting more emails next week!

We had a great week here with my new companion. Elder Massey is a real country boy, and so we have lots of fun stories to tell each other and compare. He is a really hard worker, so we are excited to see all the progress in the ward and area. We are getting better, little by little. The ward was pretty sorry when I first arrived, but now it is looking way better. Attendance is up to almost 100 every week! (That is pretty good for Peru). We are working with some great investigators, and have seen a lot of members coming out of the woodwork to help us out as well. It is pretty exciting, I must say.

Other than that, we are just working hard to get as many people as we can to church. Church starts at 8 am here, so as not to interfere with the lunch hour at 1pm (sacred time in Peru). It is a bit annoying, because it is hard to get people up so early, but it's alright. I know the Lord will bless us for our diligence! Everything else is going great. THe weather is finally cooling down a little bit, and that makes this Ricky happy!

Hope you enjoy some of me and Elder Richards' last pictures together. We burned one of his shirts before he left. Crazy stuff.

Love ya!
T



No comments:

Post a Comment