Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Changes Come, Changes Go

Hello all!

Well, it's that time of year again...changes! I stayed here in Central as expected, since I only have 3 months here, but as we also predicted, Elder Richards is outta here. I'll be sad to see him go, since we have made really good friends. He will be finishing his mission in just 6 more weeks, so I will miss him. He's been a really good dude. Good news is, I have another great companion! It sure is nice to be able to speak some English for a little while. His name is Elder Massey, and he is from North Carolina. I have known him for a long time, and he will be super fun to be with. He is a really hard worker, so that is exciting too. We're going to baptize the whole world here in Central Zone!

General conference was awesome. We had 5 different investigators come with us to the different sessions, and they absolutely loved it! I was able to see some sessions in English and others in Spanish, but I always tried to see them in English when I could. It is much better to hear the speaker's real voice, and it makes the stories better as well. I loved President Monson's talk on Sunday morning, and also really enjoyed Elder Holland's talk on Sunday afternoon. The priesthood session was dope as usual, and President Uchtdorf's talk really touched me. Which ones did you guys like?

Otherwise, things are going great here. We are trucking along and working hard. We are getting a ton of new missionaries once again in this change, so we will be opening areas and doing all kinds of other fun things. Exciting!

I do love the Easter candy, thanks so much! I have been using the jump rope as well...it rocks! I have been entering into the "6 months of sexy" as they call it here in the mission...basically where the missionaries who have 6 months or less left in their mission try to lose all the weight they have gained. That's me!!!

I am attaching a picture of my companion when we decided to play "Chubby Bunny" the other day. He was able to fit 11 marshmallows in his mouth. He beat me! Funny stuff happens when missionaries have a little bit of free time...






Love you guys!
T

No comments:

Post a Comment