Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Happy Easter!!

Hey everybody,

Well sheesh I'm sorry everyone got sick this week. Looks like it hasn't been too fun over there, but at least everyone is pulling out of it. Being sick in the spring is certainly no fun at all. I hope it's finally starting to get warm there. Texas March weather is often beautiful, as long as it doesn't stay too cold. I miss it!

I know you all will kill me, but the stupid computer isn't reading my camera again, so I have no pictures to send. I have been really bad about taking pictures out here, but I really do have some this time! I will get them to you guys ASAP. I wish I was better at taking photos. I'll try to do better.

Honestly, everything has been going great here. Not too much news to tell, but we are preparing a lot of people to keep progressing towards baptism. We actually have a good number of investigators now, and they are all great people who just need a little push towards the right direction. Keep praying for them! We did have a great lesson this week with a little girl named Stephany, who is the niece of a member. She lives there with her aunt, and is preparing to get baptized this week. We taught her a fun lesson on tithing, but I absolutely lost it when she read the scripture in Malachi 3 where the Lord says He will pour out blessings from the windows of heaven if we pay tithing. Instead of saying "Jehová de los ejércitos" (the Lord of Hosts), she said "Jehová de los ejercicios" (the Lord of Exercises). Kids say the funniest things. Needless to say, we all started laughing quite hard, and the lesson ended up going fine.

I haven't gotten the Easter box yet, but we still haven't picked up mail this week, so I'm confident that it should be there tomorrow!  I can't wait, since I'm pretty much plumb out of goodies now!  Here, Easter is a bigger deal than Christmas.  They call it "Semana santa" which means Holy Week.  Lots of Catholic parades and whatnot.  Pretty interesting.  They only eat fish on Saturday and Sunday though, which I'm not looking forward to!

I love you guys so much. I hope you are all doing great. It's incredible to see just how much everyone is growing up. I miss you all.

Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment