Friday, March 15, 2013

Nose To The Grindstone

Hello all!

Well, sometimes I feel that my letters must be pretty darn boring to read, but there's some weeks in the mission where you just work and work and work and nothing out of the ordinary really happens. This was one of those weeks. Elder Richards and I have been trying hard to find lots of people to get baptized, and we are having a fair bit of success. We found a great young family that has been coming to church, but since the parents aren't married, progress is a bit slow. Otherwise, we have just been working through the members and trying to find people prepared to hear the gospel! It is hard, but quite fun! I really do love the scripture I sent you guys last week in 2 Nephi 28:24 that says "Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" It has become my motto lately. We can never stop working as long as we are here on Earth!

Anyway, everything else is going nice. We are finally starting to get out of the super hot weather (February is the worst month here), but I still find myself sweating like a pig with regularity. The area is great though, since we get to eat delicious food, and things are more attractive to look at. I plan on taking some pictures this week of me in front of the largest mosaic wall in the world. It is actually right outside our room, and encompasses the biggest university in Trujillo. I don't even know how many feet long it is, but it's huge.

Hope everyone has fun in all their Spring Break trips. Looks like you're all going to be heading somewhere exotic! Is the weather finally warming up nice? Is it getting hot? Hope you don't have a ridiculous summer like last year...but what that's what Texas is all about I guess. Hope you enjoy the picture of me analyzing the zone's numbers for the week. I'll try to take more interesting ones soon.


Love ya!
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment