Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013...The Last Year?!?!

Hey all!

How are we already at that point, that I am saying that I am in my LAST YEAR of the mission?! Kinda sad to be honest, but that's life eh? Anyway, I had a great Christmas, just because I got to talk to you guys! We just kinda ran around all that day, teaching about the birth of Christ, which was fun and all, but all day I was anxious to get on Skype and chat! You guys are the best, that's for sure. This Christmas I have really understood the importance of family. Seeing everyone together with Mom and Dad and brothers and sisters here made me a bit sad, and I realized (for the first time, honestly) that Christmas honestly ISN'T about the gifts and the cookies and the food, but it's about being with the family and making memories. That just makes Christmas 2013 that much sweeter. Can't wait!

We had a baptism this week, which was a great way to finish the year! He used to be a youth preacher in another church, so I would say it was a small miracle. His name is Smith, and I had the privilege to baptize him, since I've been teaching him for almost 4 months now. He was a tough case. I'm wearing the fake glasses that another missionary gave me for Xmas. Super smart, right? You can't even see my sunburn in this picture!


New Year's will be pretty boring. We gotta be in the house at 7:30, so logically no partying. This is probably my last week in this area though, so expect lots of goodbye pictures next week.

Love you guys, and HAPPY 2013!
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment