Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Week In America

Hey everbody!

I just want to say that this week was a week full of joy...thanks too all the food I received! To Ben and Becky, Papa, and of course you guys, I love the combos and the cheez-its! And the candy was super good!  THANK YOU FOR THE FOOD! You really have no idea how much it comforts me. The way to a missionary's heart truly is through his stomach. Though mine has been hurting this week, just because I have gorged perhaps a bit too much.


You will also see from my picture that your sweets weren't the only American things I was eating this week...that's right I got some Pizza Hut pizza! We went to one of the few malls in Trujillo with the whole zone for P-day, and lo and behold Elder Vanden Bosch (one of my real good buddies and the only missionary that I have known since day 1 in Provo) and I spot a PIZZA HUT. So we throw down 36 soles each for a family size pizza and dug in. Truly, it was one of the best afternoons of my life. I miss America.

We are geared up to really do some work here in what is most likely my last week in Alto Moche. We have two people ready for baptism this upcoming Saturday...please keep them in your prayers! I really am going to miss this place. I have definitely made a lot more friends than I did in Huarmey. The members here are great! They give us references all the time, and most of the time those people get baptized. (If you have a friend that wants to hear the gospel, refer em to the missionaries!)

Hope you all are doing well. I love hearing from everybody (thanks to Tanya, Garrett and Charlene for the constant letters and cards), and I hope you guys like hearing of what's going on in Peru, complete with pictures! (Sometimes)
Keep up the good work. Don't forget to read and pray!

Love you all
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment