Monday, May 7, 2012

All New All Over Again

Hello family!

I am here in the new Alto Moche! It is a fun little area, and I must say that it was really nice for a change. I am actually writing you from Trujillo itself, because we come here every P day. It is super fun to see the city for the first time. I was really out in the boonies there in Huarmey. Anyway, Alto Moche is quite literally a giant hill made entirely of sand 20 minutes south of Trujillo. I am not kidding. There are no streets, just sand. It is nice and soft to walk on, but let me tell you, your feet are tired by the end of the day.

My new comp is named Elder Zapana. He was born and raised in Peru until the age of 14, when he moved to Utah with his family. So, he is fluent in both English and Spanish! It is super fun to talk Spanglish all day. I think we will work well together.

The ward is also very big and very helpful! This is a nice change from the rather dysfunctional branch that was in Huarmey. We have a bishop and members who love the work. I am excited to be here, especially since the 2nd area is usually where you spend the most time. I will most likely be here for 6 months or more! Crazy!

So sorry, but in the change of everything, I forgot my camera cord! I will definitely send pictures next week!
Also, I received your "gas station" package!!!  IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! I loved especially the Cheetos and the flavored nuts.  Thanks so much.

Love ya,
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment