Monday, February 27, 2012

4 Months Already!!?

Dear Family

That's right, this week I completed 4 months in the mission. ALREADY. Can you believe that? It is pretty crazy how time flies. I'm just a bit scared because everyone tells me once you hit 6 months, 1 year, 18 months, etc. it just keeps getting faster and faster. That's scary.

We have had a good week this week, though I have no pictures to show you. No baptisms, but we did have an awesome experience with one of our recent converts, Victor who is 21 years old. He is a bit socially awkward to be honest, but we decided to take him out with us to teach a lesson to a new family that we found. He was a bit quiet throughout the whole thing (it is a bit scary to come in for the first time and teach with the missionaries, especially after having been a convert for only one month!), but when we asked him to bear his testimony about the importance of a prophet on the Earth today, he bore an incredibly powerful witness that he knew that a prophet directed the church today, and that he had prayed with all his heart about it, and recieved an answer from the Lord. It is quite cool to see the fruits of your work, and how the Lord works through you to completely change people's lives for the better. He is now happy, and says he wants to serve a mission in the USA so he can learn English. We have taught him some phrases...;)

The people here are great! They actually do have A LOT of dogs, and that's not to mention all the strays that run around in the street. Seriously, you would think that somebody let open a pound nearby or something. There is always a ton of them running around. Don't worry, I haven't been bitten...yet. Yes, I have gotten many jerseys, because they are SO cheap here. I can buy a cool looking one for the equivalent of about $4. It is an incredible deal.

Funny you should ask, but people here ONLY play soccer and volleyball. They will work during the day for about 2 or 3 hours, go home and eat lunch, and play soccer or volley the rest of the day, every day, without fail. It's not really surprising that this is a third world country...

Anyway, we are just rolling along here. The intense heat is finally starting to cool down. February is apparently the worst month of the year when it comes to heat, and we are the hottest zone in the mission, so I guess you could say that I survived!! Of course, I am a Texas boy, so this 85 degrees is really nothing to me. Going to Trujillo eventually will be nice though. I hear it is very fresco there...

Take care and keep working hard! You guys are my awesome support system, and without you I could never be happy! Remember that the reason I am out here is to help families become eternal like ours! Love you all.

Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment