Monday, February 20, 2012

Haircuts for $1.75! That's A Bargain!

Hey Everyone!

(The picture: I was trying to show how Elder Qualls and I got our new haircuts for just 4 soles! That's the equivalent of like $1.75. Anyway, the picture ended up making us look proportionally really strange. I mean I knew my head was big, but look at that thing! Anyway, thought you would get a kick out of it)



We had a nice week here in H-town. No baptisms, sadly, but we have had a lot of new investigators come in. We are teaching one guy in particular, that I think Dad especially would like. His name is Alberto, and he is more than a little bit wacko. When we first visited him, he said he attended the church of ¨his heart, mind, and work¨ Weird right? But hey, he went to church with us yesterday, and said he loved it. He is also...wait for it...married!! Civilly! You have no idea how great that is. To be baptized in the church, a couple either has to be married or living in different residences. It is actually quite expensive to get married in this country, because of all the paperwork, so 9 times out of 10 that you are teaching a couple or a family, they aren't married, and what's more, they have no plans to do so, because they don't have the money. This might just be one of those tender mercies of the Lord for Elder Qualls and I.

Other than that, we got to go to Chimbote this week (the same city where the doctor is), and have a multi-zone conference there with President Turk. It went great! We got to play frisbee dodgeball, and all kinds of other things that you guys can see on Sister Turk's blog. President also taught me something profound: No knowledge of eternal worth comes all at once. That's why we read the Book of Mormon a couple times before we know it's true. That's why our testimony develops year by year, and that's way charity for others is developed as a pattern only over time. Just thought I would share that with you guys!

So to answer your questions, yes I did get the birthday box and it was AWESOME! Thanks so much for everything. I don't think they took anything out, and it was filled with goodies. All the candy is amazing and all the office supplies too. The flaslight will definitely come in handy when I have to go to the bathroom at night! Very cool. Also, we eat at what is called a pensionista. We eat at her house for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and pay her a certain amount of money to wash our clothes too. This is where I have hope that the food won't stink my whole mission. Elder Qualls said that this is the worst pensionista that he has had. Basically, she just cooks with a lot of grease and stuff. So when I get moved to a different area, I will probably get better food.

Love you tons! Tell Aunt Charlene thanks for all the Mormonad posters, and Grandma Joyce for her letter! I love hearing from you all.

Con amor
Elder Levos

No comments:

Post a Comment