Monday, February 13, 2012

Huarmey...mi hogar todavia

Hello Family,

How is everyone? That's right, changes came and, as expected, Elder Qualls and I are staying here in Huarmey for at least 6 more weeks. After that, it's all but guaranteed that one of us will go, but at least we still have this change together to work hard and get some more baptisms! Unfortunately, we didn't have any of those this week. We've been having some tough luck lately. We are trying to find new people to teach, but that's not as easy as it sounds either. Here in Peru, it is quite easy to get in someone's home and teach them an entire lesson. However, it is another story when it comes to them actually reading, praying, and coming to church. WE have had two weeks in a row now with 0 investigators in church. Kinda sad...

Elder Qualls was also sick this week, so we had to travel up to the clinic in Chimbote, which is about 2 hours away from here. Travel in Peru is always fun. We either get on a big smelly bus, or we cram about 10 people into a Toyota Corolla, and drive up there. Peruvians are all about saving money, and for this reason, they will wait hours to completely fill their cars before they set off for Casma or Chimbote or wherever they're going. More people, more pay I suppose.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Valentine's day. I will share my heart shaped Gobstoppers just for you.
I was surprised that my Valentine package came BEFORE my birthday package, which is at the Mission home now, but I won't get it until tomorrow!! I loved all the valentine candy! Thanks so much. The post-it notes were very handy also. Tell papa thanks so much for the birthday money! I really do appreciate all the things that have been sent. Thanks to all the faithful writers too!  I love the letters!
Wish I could go out and eat some Valentine's day dinner with everyone. Looking like crappy chicken and rice tonight...

Love you!
T

No comments:

Post a Comment