Friday, June 21, 2013

I Hate Goodbyes!

Hello all

Yes, the sad news came last night, I will be heading out of Central after just 6 months in this blessed (and I don't say that sarcastically) area. I feel like I have been here for such a short time, but I suppose that's a trick that my mind is playing on me due to my overly long stay in Alto Moche. I am pretty pumped about my new area though. I will going to a city called Chimbote, which is about two hours by bus south of Trujillo. Ironically, the room I will be sleeping in was the first room I ever slept in on the way to Huarmey, my very first area. Full circle, right? I am also excited to be with Elder Hill, my new companion. He is from Utah, and is just a ball of energy. Should be fun. Can you believe that it will be my very last area though?? How the time flies...

We at least got to end the stay here in a great way, with a baptism of an awesome man named Carlos Arbildo. He is from the jungle of Peru, and is staying in Trujillo to study. His sister was murdered just 2 weeks ago, and then a week after that his favorite aunt died as well. Through it all, he has been strong with his commitment to be baptized. Elder Massey did the ordinance on Saturday, and I confirmed him on Sunday. I will surely miss him. There are a few other people that I will be leaving behind that will be baptized this month, so the change is certainly bittersweet.

I had a bunch of pictures to send, but we went to a really ghetto internet cafe today, so I can't really do it. I will send them all next week though.

Happy travels
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment