Monday, May 13, 2013

A Fine Week

Hello family and friends!

First, it was so good to see some of you yesterday via Skype. I sure am glad that technology has caught up big time and that I was able to see you guys all 4 times during my mission. Can't believe it was the last call, to be honest...where has all the time gone? I guess we can't focus on the past though...gotta keep pressing forward to the future.

Anyway, we had a great week this week with TWO baptisms, ending a ridiculously long drought that we were having. I don't know if I already told you guys the story, but Elder Massey and I were simply walking down the street a few weeks ago on a slow SUnday afternoon, when we heard two little kids from a window calling out to us. That happens rather frequently here in Trujillo with two white guys walking together, but luckily my companion was sensitive to the spirit and stopped to talk to them. Their names are Josue and Karla, and turns out that their mom is a less active member from Lima, and neither of the kids had been baptized yet. Missionary miracle! The baptismal service went great, especially since the leaders of the Primary organization helped us out big time. The ward is definitely looking up.

WE also found another miracle this week...and not in terms of investigators. While looking for an investigator that Elder Richards and I used to teach, we stumbled into a little burger place that was in some Peruvian's garage, and found...wait for it...some white guy from San Antonio. Who didn't speak Spanish. Who was making delicious, cheap burgers. With American ingredients. And he had UT decorations on his wall. Can you believe it? Obviously, we bought an INCREDIBLE burger from him, and chatted for awhile about Texas. Couldn't believe that I would meet another Texan (who wasn't a missionary) all the way over here in Trujillo.


Anyways, I miss you guys! Hope everything is going well.
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment