Monday, February 4, 2013

Older But None The Wiser

Hello family and friends!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, first off. I can't believe I'm 21, and I guess I'll just say that I don't want to be! Starting to feel a bit older now...I'd like to go back to being a kid again, if possible. Luckily, I will be having a fun birthday this year, since February 6 just happens to fall on the day of zone leader council! This means that I will get to hear some mind-blowing doctrinal teachings from President Turk, enjoy some delicious lunch at their house with the other zone leaders (their pensionista cooks incredible), and then play some soccer afterwards! Really, you can't ask for a better birthday celebration in the mission.

Everything is going great here in the work. It's been way too long since we had a baptism, but lately we have found a lot of prepared people. Jelsi and Felicita are two teenage sisters who just moved to Trujillo, and are living in the house of a member. They have read so little of the Book of Mormon, but they already know the truthfulness of it from their prayers! I love that God answers us, even if we have just put in a little bit of effort to find the truth. They will be getting baptized next week. The other miracle we have found is Victor and Veronica, a married couple who we stumbled across while looking for future investigators from the area book. Victor was very interested in religion, and had investigated just about every church with his wife, but they weren't satisfied with any of them. They prayed to know which church was true, but got no confirmation or answer. So...we come by and give them a Book of Mormon. They are now reading together, and told us yesterday that "ever since we started reading your book, everything in our life has gone right." Does that sound like a Liahona story or what? They will hopefully be getting baptized on the 23rd of this month. What a miracle.

Anyway, I'm sending a picture of Elder Cerpa and I (I'm looking real chubby) that Hermana Turk took and put up on her blog. Check it out to find an interesting story that involves us, Taylor, and Elder Cerpa's older brother!

Thanks to Papa especially for the delicious package full of goodies! We have already eaten everything!
And Thanks so much for the birthday money!  I really appreciate it.


Love you all,
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment