Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November

Hello all

Can you believe we are almost halfway through November? Seriously...time sure flies. I would like to apologize first and foremost for not sending pictures once again. Seriously, one of my big changes this week will be taking my camera with me everywhere I go to take pictures! I just never have been that guy to take a ton, but I know it is boring for you guys to see pure text, and I know I will regret not taking more pix when the mission is over (I hope it never ends!)

We had a fabulous week this week! I caught a cold, but that didn't stop us from working our ninnies off (as Dad says). We ran around looking for all the new people we met, and we were even able to committ one to getting baptized on the 24th! He is a great man named Alejandro. What is interesting is how we got him to that committment. We had interviews with President this week, in the which he told us that the mission basically wasn't using the Book Of Mormon effectively at all. He even asked us to teach the first 4 lessons in one appointment each, and then after that, read the BOM with the investigators every day until their baptism! This seemed a bit odd to me at first, but, true to the revelation, we did exactly as Prez said! We were originally going to teach Alejandro about keeping the Sabbath day holy when we went into our appointment last night, but ended up changing and just reading all of 1 Nephi 3 with him. The Spirit completely invaded the room, and he committed to being baptized on the 24th before I could even get the invitation fully out of my mouth! This too coming from a man who refused to completely committ to anything else we had invited him to do. The Lord really does work through His mission presidents, and the BOM really is the word of God!

I am excited with all the progress that we have been seeing lately. The mission is always full of ups and downs, but I feel like a young elder again with lots of time ahead of me! I think the key is really just exercising a mental discipline strong enough to keep us grounded and focused. I plan on pushing harder and harder every week.

Hope you are all doing well. Let me know what else you want to hear about in the letters! I received the Thanksgiving box! Seriously, the chips are a HUGE hit with me. I especially loved the Flamin Cheeetos with limon! You guys are the best!
Love ya
Trace

PS Stole a picture from the Turks blog. This is all the zone eating chicken at Norkys after the interviews!



No comments:

Post a Comment