Monday, September 30, 2013

No Longer On Deck. At the Plate Now...

Hello world!
 
Well, I can't believe it either, but it's official. I am now in my last change. Elder Hill deuced out of Chimbote yesterday and is going back to the USA today, so I am now officially the oldest missionary in the mission. I of course will be getting a new companion on Tuesday. His name is Elder Antuña, and he is from Argentina. As they say here in the mission, he will be the one to "kill" me. I don't know who he is actually, but the say he is pretty cool. I'm excited.
 
We had a baptism this week too, so we sent Elder Hill off right. Enhiel Jara was baptized, and he is officially the newest deacon in our ward. He is a great young man who, like I said last week, is a reference from another deacon in the ward. Just goes to show that you can do missionary work at any age.
 
Hope you guys like the pictures. I took one of the baptism, and also of Elder Hill's goodbye to the ward at the bus terminal in Chimbote. They were sad to see him go. Also snapped one of my pensionista's dog, Horus. I thought Mom would especially like that one.
 
 
Can't believe how fast the time has gone, but I'm going to push right up to the end! Love you guys
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment