Monday, November 21, 2011

Estoy Viviendo in Peru!

Hello Family!

My goodness, what a crazy week!  I got up at 315 in the morning, and boarded the flight to Atlanta after I talked to you guys about 700 Utah time. That flight went smoothly, with no problems, and we landed in ATL about 3 hours later. After a 3 hour layover we boarded the plane to Lima and flew all the way to South America! Anyway, the flight went fine. I was pretyy beat by the end of it, but we landed at about 1015, and after that the real fun came.  The Lima airport was nice, and my bags came quickly - thank goodness. We proceeded to walk out to where the MTC rep was supposed to meet us, and there was literally a gigantic throng of people, all holding signs and screaming stuff in Spanish. Seriously, there had to be over 200 Peruanos just standing behind these dividers, just shouting. We boarded a bus that took us to downtown Lima. What a drive.  Rustic beauty but I can see just how poor South America is.  We all got settled in about 2 in the morning.  I'm pretty tired.

The MTC here is tiny, but beautiful.  There is a massive courtyard outdoors that is landscaped excellently, and lots of missionaries study there.  I actually have two companions now. Every American Elder has another American companion that you go to classes and stuff with, and then you have a Latino comp that you go to gym and meals with. My American comp is Elder Hyde from Idaho, and he seems like a pretty awesome dude.  He likes sports and stuff like me.  My Latino comp is Elder Muralles from Guatemala.  He seems really nice, and know a little English, so we've tried talking to each other a bit.  Kinda difficult though.

Anything you get at the cafeteria is purely Peruano food, delicious so far. Lots of different rules here.
If someone wants to send me anything in the mail the following is the reall address to the MTC.  (no packages though)
Elder Trace Levos
CCM Lima Peru
Urb. Campo Verde
La Molina-Lima 12
Peru
Here is the pouch address:  Elder Trace Levos
                                          Lima Peru MTC
                                          PO Box 30150
                                          SLC UT 84130
Dear Elder works for here also so tell everyone that they can do it that way also.

Miss you all so much, but I know I am supposed to be here.  I probably won't be able to send any pictures until I get to Trujillo, but then I promise I will send a ton.  I love you all! You're the best family in the world!
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment